Students, who have received an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from BRAC University, as alumni, are entitled to get an alumni email account. The purpose of this policy is to initiate and establish a standard for the administration of alumni email accounts. This policy establishes standards for creating email accounts, and managing all alumni email accounts.
This policy is applicable to all BRAC University alumni.
Department of Information Technology, BRAC University offers email address for BRAC University alumnus. Graduating students must apply for email accounts as an alumnus and must agree the Terms and Conditions* of using the University Email Service.
1. Alumni email accounts will remain active as long as mail is read and the account is active.
2. Accounts that have not been used for 180 days will be deactivated** and those not used for 270 days will be deleted**.
3. Alumni, who become employed by the University and use University email address, may also avail an alumni email account in addition to BRAC University staff email.
4. Accounts which are being used to create bulk email or spam will be immediately deleted.
5. Each alumni account will have the @g.bracu.ac.bd domain. This will be active once the University starts to use the Google G Suite.
* Please refer Terms and Conditions document.
** If alumni wish to reactivate their email account, they should contact the Alumni Relations Office.
**If the account remains inactive for 270 days, it is then deleted. All data (email) associated with the account will be deleted and cannot be recovered. If the user contacts the help desk after the account is deleted, the account can be recreated but without any content.
Attachment size limit: You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can't add up to more than 25 MB. If your file is greater than 25 MB, Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link in the email instead of including it as an attachment.
Account Management and Support:
Alumni continuing at BRAC University as students, faculty or staff should contact University IT Department. All other alumni should contact Office of Career Services and Alumni Relations (OCSAR) for account creation, assistance, including requests for any other aliases and for resetting passwords.
To contact the help desk, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All G Suite alumni accounts are being governed by I.T Systems Office in collaboration with Office of the Registrar and Office of Career Services and Alumni Relations (OCSAR).